Egghunt

'Egghunt' is a simple game you can play mixing the on-line world and the search in the streets. It consists on finding eggs! One in a while these people set a worldwide egg hunt session. A player basically searches the location of the eggs through Flickr on a map.

If any of the eggs is on their city they can plan to try and look for them. The system provides the approximate location in a map but then is the picture itself which tells us a more exact position. Once an egg is found a picture of it and the player must be submitted on time to be eligible for the prizes. But the search itself is the best prize!

As an original thing to do in one of my last days in Paris, I decided to hunt for the three eggs in Paris, starting at 12:00 GMT.

The first one showed the Eiffel Tower in the background and it stated 'look for an empty fountain'. The second was in a wall close to the Arc de Triomphe and the last one was in the 'Café des Deux Moulins' (the café famous for its role in the film 'Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain').

Not with great effort, under heavy rain and heavy wind (the harshest weather conditions of the last days), I got to find the first egg (gotcha!). The second remains lost because in my reasoning I completely forgot the Arc de Triomphe is symmetric (I searched cluelessly in the wrong street). And I couldn't get to Amélie's café because of the high affluence of tourists (neither I felt like entering...).

To celebrate my finding of a single egg, I set out for a tasty vegetarian tali in the Passage Brady.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - La fusée - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template